Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mom of the year

As you can imagine, at 32 weeks it's a little difficult for me to get around and to get anything done at my house. Josh is a great help but because of his work schedule sometimes he isn't home in the morning or in the evening. This week was one of those weeks so my mom offered to come stay with me and help me out with Eli.

I'll begin by saying my mom does not sit still... She constantly has to be doing something (a trait I didn't inherit) so she continually is helping me including rearranging cabinets, making drapes, etc. So, I could never thank her for everything she has done for me but I wanted to post yesterday's events to give an example of her generous nature.

When I got home from work yesterday, my mom had washed my couch and its cushions (They are all slipcovered), shampooed my living room rug and cleaned my refrigerator (not emptied it but literally scrubbed it clean). All of this on top of keeping a whiney 3-year-old all day long. Plus, she made dinner for us all like she has for the last three days...

So, I know all moms are the best but mine seriously may have yours beat this week:) Thanks Mom. I love you!

1 comment:

amy said...

moms are pretty great... i agree!!!!!!!!